Southern Sections of the Great Miami River Cleanup
The details below are for the 2015 event. 2016 details will be posted in late summer. The Cleanup will be held on Saturday, October 22, 2016.
The following are links to a pdf with information, including times, address, and the contact person for each location. Please register online, or by contacting the site coordinator listed on the poster.
Saturday, October 24, 2015
Northern Sections of the Great Miami River Sweep
If a date is not listed, we are waiting on the final details,but the event will be held in mid July, for example, Sydney is holding their event on July 17.
- Indian Lake to Quincy Area, July 25, 2015. Cleanup by canoe and on foot. Contact Angel Payne to register or for details at 937-599-1253 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shelby Co to Sidney, July 17, 2015. Cleanup by canoe or on foot. Contact Brent Bruggeman to register or for details at 937-498-8724 or email@example.com Volunteer and info form (pdf)
- Sidney to Piqua, Saturday, July 18, 2015. Cleanup by canoe . Contact Jeff Lange to register or for details at 937-214-2906 or visit http://www.protectingourwaterways.org/
- Piqua to Troy, Cleanup by canoe .Contact Linda Raterman to register or for details at 937-335-7645 ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ross to Taylorsville. Friday, Jul 17, 2015. Cleanup by canoe. Contact Chris Young to register or for details at 937-237-1265 or Christopher_young@cargill.com.
- Needmore to Island Metropark, Site is being determined. Contact Lraterman@miamiswcd.com for information
- Island Metropark to Carillon Park, July 17, 2015, Cleanup on foot. Contact Leslie Tipton to register or for details at 937-333-3782 or email@example.com Event Flier (pdf)
- Carillon Park to Miamisburg, July 17, 2015, Cleanup on foot and by boat by the Miami Conservancy District
- Miamisburg to Franklin, Cleanup on foot..Contact Ellen Stanifer to register or for details at 937-847-6636 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confluence of Great Miami River and Wolfe Creek,. Friday, July 17, 2015. Cleanup on foot. Contact Wanda Willis to register or for details at 937-225-7339 or Wanda.Willis@coxinc.com
- Wolfe Creek with Aullwood, July 18, 2015, 9:30 - 12 noon. call Nina Lapitan (937) 890-7360, ext. 214 or email at email@example.com. Meet in the parking lot of the Urban Prairie (former Dayton Tire and Rubber site), 2342 W. Riverview Avenue, Dayton 45402. See flier (pdf)
- Rosedale Bridge to Philadelphia Bridge, Cleanup on foot. Contact Sarah Alverson to register or for details at 937-890-7360 ext. 18 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miamisburg Power Plant, . Cleanup by canoe. Contact Aaron Rourke to register or for details at 937-654-9493 or email@example.com